Refreshing Rice Salad
- 2 cups diced cooked white chicken meat
- 1 cup cooked long-grain brown rice
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 cup (8 oz.) Darigold Plain Yogurt
- 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon poppy seed
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- dash cayenne pepper
- Romaine or butter lettuce leaves
Place all salad ingredients in a bowl. Mix together the dressing ingredients and pour over salad. Toss gently until thoroughly mixed.
Serve the salad on a bed of lettuce leaves.
RECIPE YIELD/SERVING SIZE
Makes 4 servings.