Orange Chicken Salad
- 1/3 cup Darigold Sour Cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seed (optional)
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (2 pounds total), fully cooked cut into julienne strips
- 1 11 oz. can mandarin orange sections, drained, or one 15.5 oz. can pineapple chunks, drained
- 3 stalks celery, cut into ½-inch slices (1 ½ cups)
- 2 green onions, sliced (¼ cup)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 lettuce leaves
In a small mixing bowl stir together sour cream, mayonnaise or salad dressing, orange juice concentrate, and if desired, poppy seeds. In a large mixing bowl toss together the chicken strips, orange sections or pineapple chunks, celery, and green onions. Pour dressing over chicken mixture; toss lightly to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve on lettuce leaves.
Preparation: 8 minutes
RECIPE YIELD/SERVING SIZE
Makes 4 servings.