- 14 medium prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 ounces whole clarified Darigold Butter
- 4 tablespoons Barbecue Prawn Seasoning*
- 6 ounces Darigold Whipping Cream
- 2 teaspoons green onion, cut diagonally
BARBECUE PRAWN SEASONING
Combine 4 teaspoons sugar, 2 teaspoons paprika, 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1/4 teaspoon whole dry rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon thyme, 1/8 teaspoon onion powder until well blended. Set aside 4 tablespoons for this recipe; store the remainder.
In heavy skillet, sauté prawns in butter; remove prawns and set aside. Add 4 tablespoons of the barbecue prawn seasoning to pan; add whipping cream and reduce to sauce consistency. Serve sauce with prawns. Spread bread with garlic butter; place on serving platter. Garnish with green onion.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
RECIPE YIELD/SERVING SIZE
Makes 2 servings.