- 1 9-ounce package refrigerated cheese filled tortellini or cheese filled ravioli
- 1 cup frozen broccoli
- 1 cup Basic Alfredo sauce
- 1 14-ounce can chunky tomatoes with garlic and spices refrigerated cheese filled tortellini or cheese filled ravioli
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
BASIC ALFREDO SAUCE
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cube butter
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in a heavy 12-inch skillet (preferably nonstick) over medium low heat. Add cream and simmer for 5 minutes, then stir in cheese and whisk quickly, heating through.
- Makes 3 cups or 6 servings.
In a large saucepan cook tortellini or ravioli according to package directions, except add broccoli for the minute of cooking. Drain. Return pasta mixture to hot saucepan.
Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan heat light Alfredo sauce on medium just until bubbly. Gradually stir in undrained tomatoes. Cook for one minute. Pour over pasta. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Another time, try bite-size pieces of fresh asparagus instead of the broccoli. Just add them to the pasta during the last 3 to 4 minutes of cooking time.
Parmesan cheese and fresh black pepper make a creamy pasta sauce Alfredo. Make this ahead of time and heat it up while the pasta boils for a rich and satisfying dinner.
RECIPE YIELD/SERVING SIZE
Makes 4 servings.