Tex Mex Mac N' Cheese
- 2 cups Darigold heavy cream
- 1 cup Darigold milk
- 1/4 pound shredded Darigold Naturally White Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 pound shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons Darigold butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons roasted, peeled and chopped Pablano peppers
- 1 pound macaroni, cooked according to package directions
Combine cream, milk, cheeses and salt in the top of a double boiler. Heat until cheese melts and begins to form a skin. Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat; stir in flour and cook 4 minutes. Do not allow to brown. Add flour mixture to cheese mixture, a little at a time, whipping until smooth. Simmer sauce for about 15 minutes; remove from heat and strain. Add chopped Pablano peppers. Toss with macaroni.
RECIPE YIELD/SERVING SIZE
Makes 6 servings.
Tip: For a spicier dish, add a touch of cayenne pepper or more Pablanos.