Light Pasta Alfredo With Roma Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Darigold butter
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups Darigold Fat Free Half & Half
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 16 oz. package egg pasta
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add minced garlic and saute 1 minute. Stir in flour. Gradually add half & half, stirring with a wire whisk until mixture is blended. Cook, stirring constantly, 8 minutes or until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, stirring constantly until melted. Add chopped tomatoes, salt and pepper. In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Return pasta to hot saucepan. Stir in Alfredo sauce mixture. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
RECIPE YIELD/SERVING SIZE
Makes 4 servings.