Garden Rice-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 1 5-oz. package frozen vegetables with rice
- 2 teaspoons slivered almonds
- 1 large whole chicken breast, skinned and halved (about 1 lb.)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 9-oz. package frozen chopped spinach
- Dash paprika
- 1 tablespoon PLUS 2 teaspoons Knorr White Sauce Mix
- 1/2 cup PLUS 1 tablespoon Darigold Milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) Swiss Cheese, shredded
Prepare vegetables with rice in the microwave according to package directions; stir in almonds. Using a sharp knife, cut a 3-inch slit in the meaty side of each chicken breast half to form a pocket. Spoon half of the cooked rice mixture into each pocket. Arrange filled chicken breasts in an ungreased baking dish; lightly sprinkle with salt and paprika. Microwave on high for 8 minutes or until chicken is tender.
In a glass measuring cup combine all sauce ingredients except cheese. Using a wire whisk, stir mixture until smooth. Microwave on high for 1 minute, stir, then microwave on high for 1 minute longer. Stir in cheese. Keep warm.
Just before serving, prepare spinach in the microwave according to package directions; drain. Spread cooked spinach in a thin layer on a serving platter; arrange chicken breasts over spinach. Spoon some of the sauce over each stuffed breast. Serve with remaining sauce.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
RECIPE YIELD/SERVING SIZE
Makes 2 servings.