Crab Ravioli With Lemon Caper Butter Sauce
LEMON CAPER SAUCE
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced fine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup Darigold Butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tomato skinned, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan
PASTA (Purchased spinach pasta or as below)
- 3/4 cup spinach leaf, cleaned, stemmed and tightly packed
- 1-3/4 cups semolina flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- pinch salt
- Blanch spinach in boiling water until bright green and tender. Drain and refresh with cold water. Dry spinach; mince fine and set aside.
- Place flour in large bowl; make well in center. Combine spinach, eggs, olive oil and salt; pour into center of well and work flour into egg mixture to form dough.
- Knead dough until smooth and elastic. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
- 1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 5 tablespoons Darigold Whipping Cream
- 12 ounces Dungeness crab meat
- 1 tablespoon softened Darigold Butter
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- pinch salt, pepper and nutmeg
- 2 egg whites
- Soak bread in whipping cream. Combine with crab meat, butter, cheese and seasonings.
- Whip egg whites in separate bowl until foamy; fold into crab mixture. Chill until ready to assemble.
- Roll pasta out very thin or use a pasta machine.
- Cut pasta into 18 rectangles (5" x 3").
- Place one rounded teaspoon of crab mixture in center of each pasta rectangle; brush long edges of pasta with water. Fold in half over crab. Twist ends in opposite directions to lock filling in place. Cover with towel until ready to cook.
- Cook raviolis in boiling salted water until tender (about 3 to 4 minutes).
- Place a spoonful of Lemon Caper Butter Sauce on heated serving plate.
- Place three cooked raviolis on each plate.
- Garnish with fresh herb.
RECIPE YIELD/SERVING SIZE
Makes 6 servings.