Cottage Meat Loaf
- 1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 cup Darigold cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried Italian seasonings
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup catsup
- 1 tablespoon spaghetti seasonings
Combine meat, cottage cheese, oatmeal, onion, egg, Italian seasonings, garlic salt and pepper in medium mixing bowl. Mix with hands until well blended; form into loaf and place in loaf pan. Bake in 350°F 30 minutes; combine ketchup and spaghetti seasonings and pour over top of meat loaf. Return to oven and bake additional 15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Drain off excess fat; allow to stand for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
RECIPE YIELD/SERVING SIZE
Makes 4 servings.