Buttered Pasta with Chopped Pistachios
- 1 stick Darigold butter, clarified*
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots or onion
- 1/4 cup diced pancetta (optional)
- 1 box (14.5 oz) spaghettini pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1-1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Combine clarified butter, pistachios, shallots and pancetta in skillet over medium-high heat; stir fry until nuts are lightly toasted and shallots are translucent. Remove from heat; add hot pasta, tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and parsley; toss to mix well. Serve hot or warm.
*Microwave Clarified Butter: Place 1 stick (1/2 cup) Darigold butter in microwave-safe measuring cup. Cook in microwave oven at MEDIUM (50 percent) power 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, until butter is melted and foamy on top. Remove and set aside; allow solids to sink to bottom of cup. Skim remaining solids from top. Pour off clarified butter from the top and discard any milk solids and water that remain at bottom of cup. Discard foam and milk solids. Makes about 6 tablespoons clarified butter.
RECIPE YIELD/SERVING SIZE
Makes 4 servings.
Tip: Serve on 8 to 10 small plates as appetizer.