Shrimp Salad Shells
- 1 package purchased puff pastry shells, thawed
- 10 eggs, hard-cooked, shelled and diced
- 2 cups cooked medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 8-oz. can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 lb Chinese pea pods
- 3 quarts boiling water
- 3/4 cup Darigold Buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons Darigold Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons EACH minced fresh cilantro, minced fresh ginger, minced fresh parsley and curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- few drops Tabasco sauce
- dash cumin
Prepare pastry shells according to package directions, bake, cool and set aside.
Reserving 1 tablespoon green onions, 10-12 shrimp for garnish and pea pods, combine remaining filling ingredients. Stem and string pea pods and drop into boiling water. Cook, uncovered, just until peas are brighter green, about 2 minutes; drain. Immerse pea pods in ice water; drain when cool. Combine all dressing ingredients, correcting seasonings to taste. Fold dressing into filling ingredients.
To serve, line pastry shells with pea pods and fill shells with shrimp-egg mixture. Garnish with one or two shrimp and a sprinkle of chopped green onion.
RECIPE YIELD/SERVING SIZE
Makes 6 individual servings.
For a tasty variation, substitute 3 cups bite-sized pieces boned and skinned cooked chicken breast in place of shrimp and eggs.