Grilled Cheese with Barbequed Chicken and Slaw
- 3 cups finely shredded mixed green and purple cabbage
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups (about 10 oz.) shredded roasted deli chicken
- ½ cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 2 cups shredded Darigold cheddar cheese
- 4 Kaiser rolls, split horizontally
- 1 cup bread and butter pickles, drained
Combine cabbage, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Toss to mix and set aside. (Prepared slaw may be substituted.)
Combine the chicken and barbeque sauce in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat just until heated through (about 5 minutes). Set aside.
Preheat the broiler. Place rolls cut side up on baking sheet. Divide the cheddar cheese among rolls. Broil until cheddar is melted (about 2 minutes). Divide the chicken mixture into four portions. Layer chicken, slaw and pickles over the bottoms of the rolls. Cover with the roll tops and serve immediately.
RECIPE YIELD/SERVING SIZE
Makes 4 servings.