Warm Mocha Chocolate Sauce
- 1 teaspoon coffee powder (such as Starbucks Via)*
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) Darigold butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup Darigold heavy cream
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- *Omit coffee granules for a rich, fudgy chocolate sauce
In a 2-quart saucepan, combine cream, corn syrup, cocoa powder, butter and salt; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in the coffee powder. Remove pan from heat; stir in chocolate chips until there are no lumps. Cool and place in an airtight container; refrigerate for up to 3 weeks.
RECIPE YIELD/SERVING SIZE
Makes about 2 cups.
TO REHEAT: microwave at 50 percent power, stirring one to two times, for one to three minutes.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Use as a dessert topping or beverage flavoring.