- 3/4 cup Darigold Butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Commercially prepared icing tubes
Beat butter, brown sugar and molasses until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes; beat in egg. Combine dry ingredients. Stir into butter mixture. Gather into ball. Wrap and refrigerate overnight. Divide into 2 balls. Roll out each ball to 1/4 inch thickness on lightly floured surface. Cut with cookie cutters dipped into flour. Transfer to greased baking sheet
1-inch apart. Repeat with remaining dough. Bake at 375°F. 6 to 10 minutes or until no indentation remains when touched. Place cookies on wire rack; cool thoroughly. Decorate as desired.
RECIPE YIELD/SERVING SIZE
Makes about 6 dozen 2-inch cookies.