Cocktail Cookies Fiesta Style
- 4 cups (1 pound) shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup Darigold Butter, softened
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups chopped pistachios or walnuts
- 1/2 cup red and/or green jalapeno jelly
Combine cheese and butter in food processor and process until blended. Add egg yolks, salt and cayenne and blend until mixed. Add flour and process until well blended. In small bowl, whisk egg whites until foamy. Place nuts in shallow bowl or plate. Roll rounded tablespoons of dough in egg white and then in nuts. Arrange balls 1 inch apart on baking sheet; make indentation in center of each ball with thumb. Bake at 350°F. 10 to 12 minutes or until cookie is thoroughly cooked and edges are lightly browned. Cool on rack. Fill centers with 1/8 teaspoon jalapeno jelly.
RECIPE YIELD/SERVING SIZE
Makes about 6 dozen cookies.