Roasted Strawberry-Rhubarb Shake
- 1 large stalk rhubarb, cut into ½-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup halved strawberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- ¼ cup Darigold heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon rosewater (optional)
- 3 scoops strawberry or vanilla ice cream
- ⅓ cup Darigold whole milk
- 1 teaspoon chopped salted pistachios
Preheat oven to 450°F with rack placed in middle position. Combine the rhubarb, strawberries, 2 tablespoons sugar and a pinch of salt. Spread on a rimmed baking sheet and roast until softened (about 10 minutes); let cool.
Beat the cream in a small bowl with the remaining tablespoon of sugar and rosewater until light and fluffy; set aside.
Combine the ice cream, milk and all but 1 tablespoon of the rhubarb mixture in a blender and process until smooth. Pour into a chilled glass, top with the remaining rhubarb and whipped cream, and sprinkle with the pistachios.
RECIPE YIELD/SERVING SIZE
Makes 1 serving.