Spicy Buttermilk Banana Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups Buttermilk Baking Mix
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 4 tablespoons Melted Darigold Butter
- 2/3 cup Darigold Buttermilk
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 cup Chopped Ripe Bananas
- 1/4 cup Reserved Mixture (from above)
- 1 tablespoon Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Chopped Pecans or Walnuts
Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine baking mix, sugar and spices in a bowl. Add melted Darigold Butter and mix lightly until mixture resembles course crumbs. Remove 1/4 cup of this mixture and reserve for streusel topping. Add Darigold Buttermilk, beaten egg and chopped fruit to remaining mixture. Mix with a fork until just combined. Mixture should be slightly lumpy.
Spray 10 standard muffin tins with nonstick spray. Fill 10 muffin tins half full with muffin batter and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of streusel topping. Divide remaining batter evenly amongst the 10 muffins and top with the remaining streusel topping. Bake at 400°F for 20-23 minutes. Cool 5 minutes and remove muffins from pan.