Breakfast Casserole With Spinach
- 9 slices day-old dry white bread
- 10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach thawed, and squeezed to release excess water
- ½-1 lb. breakfast sausage, cooked
- 2 cups shredded Darigold cheddar cheese
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Darigold milk
- ½ cup Darigold, butter, melted
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9X13 pan. Tear bread slices into bite size pieces until they cover the bottom of the pan. Layer the sausage and spinach on top of the bread slices. In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the sausage, spinach, and bread. Cover with tin foil and bake for 50 minutes or until casserole is golden brown. Let rest 10 minutes, then cut into squares and serve.
Preparation: 15 minutesCooking: 50 minutesCooling: 10 minutes
RECIPE YIELD/SERVING SIZE
Makes 8 servings.
Try a variation! Make it a dinner casserole by substituting chicken, broccoli, and cheddar cheese!