Curried Peanut Chicken Appetizers
- 2 whole chicken breasts (4 halves), skinned and boned
- 2 cups Darigold Half & Half
- 1 8 oz. carton Darigold Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plus
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups salted, roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- Chopped fresh coriander (garnish)
Preheat oven to 350°. Place the chicken breasts in a shallow baking dish just large enough to hold them. Pour the half & half over them and bake for 30 minutes. Let cool and cut into 1-inch cubes. Process the yogurt, mayonnaise, chutney, sherry, vinegar, curry powder and turmeric, in a blender or food processor fitted with a steel blade, until blended. Dip the chicken pieces into the curry mayonnaise and then roll in the chopped peanuts. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Serve each piece on a small skewer arranged on a serving plate. Garnish with coriander and accompany with small bowls of raisins.
RECIPE YIELD/SERVING SIZE
Makes about 40 appetizers.