At Darigold, pride is alive and well, we continue to focus on creating a progressive, team-oriented culture – one that engages everyone in success because each employee is a "Keeper of the Darigold Brand" and virtually all employees are involved in team-based process improvements. In this manner all ideas are heard, and people working together drive our progress.
A key part of our positive work environment is the competitive benefits we offer in return for all your hard work. Many of the following benefits may be available to you, based on employment eligibility. The choices are many—and that’s by design, part of our goal to meet the needs of all of our employees, no matter where they are in their career or personal life cycle.
Darigold employees and their eligible family members may participate in our benefit plans the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Medical Plans: Employees have the choice of two PPO Medical Plans, including a High Deductible plan with a Health Savings Account. The medical plans use the Cigna Provider Network which offers members a large listing of Preferred Providers. Both medical plans offer important protection against the potentially high cost of medical care and all cover the same types of medical services, such as hospitalization, surgery and doctor visits. Preventative Care is covered at 100%. Participation in the wellness initiatives provide an opportunity for reduced employee costs.
- Prescriptions: Medical coverage includes prescriptions on a four tier plan and the HSA medical coverage includes prescriptions on a three tier plan which accrues toward the out-of-pocket maximum once the deductible is met. Many maintenance type medications are covered at 100%.
- Vision: Provided as part of medical coverage with an eye exam once a year and up to $250 per year towards hardware (glasses or contacts).
- 24-Hour Nurse Line: Gain 24/7 access to qualified nurses to answer your health-related questions.
- Dental: Employees have the choice between two PPO Dental Plans. Dental Plan Option 1 provides 100% reimbursement of preventive services such as routine exams, cleanings and x-rays. It also provides Orthodontic coverage, which is not available under Dental Plan Option 2. Dental Plan Option 2 provides 50% reimbursement for all services.
- Flexible Spending Account: Employees are eligible to enroll in the Health Care Flexible Spending Account. With the Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) you can set aside from $120 to $2,550 per year to pay for eligible health care expenses not covered by your health insurance plan with pre-tax dollars. A Dependent Day Care Flexible Spending Account is available in which you can set aside up to $5,000 per year to pay for eligible dependent day care expenses.
- 401(k): Darigold provides the opportunity to save for the future on either a pre-tax or Roth basis through our tax-qualified 401(k) Savings Plan. Darigold provides a contribution/match from 5% to 9% of compensation depending on the level of your contributions. New employees are automatically enrolled in the 401k plan at a 3% of pay deferral rate.
- Paid Time Off: All employees working at least 20 hours a week are eligible to accrue paid time off.
- Holidays: Enjoy 80 hours (10 days) each year.
- Short & Long Term Disability: Darigold also provides Short & Long Term Disability benefits to eligible employees. These benefits provide income replacement protection in the event that you are unable to work because of illness or injury on a short or long term basis.
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance: Darigold provides Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance to eligible employees in the amount of 1.5x salary up to $250,000. Employees may apply for additional Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment coverage.
- Transit/Transportation Subsidy: Employees that ride the bus 10 times a month are eligible for a free bus pass. Vanpool and RideShare subsidies are available as well. This program may not be available in all cities.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Financial support for you to obtain your degree.
- Employee Assistance Program: You and your family have 24/7 access to phone and online support for financial questions, legal information, work-life needs and more.
- Giving: Darigold, Inc. will match a minimum of $25 to a maximum of $5,000 per calendar year for each eligible employee ($5,000 combined if spouse participates).
- Business Travel Accident Insurance: In the event of a covered accident while on business travel our travel insurance pays a death, dismemberment, paralysis or disability benefit.
- Employee Travel Assist: Toll-free emergency assistance is available to you, your spouse and your dependents 24 hours a day, seven days a week when traveling 100 miles or more from our primary home (national or international travel) for 90 days or less.